Thursday, July 7, 2011

last day in Idaho

Well the sun is STILL shining and we're trying not to get any more burnt. Okay, Scott's burn is just about sunk in but I've got a little peeling going on. I had no idea it was as hot as it was but thankfully the girls had sunscreen on and did fine. i've been wearing tshirts since the 4th to protect my shoulders.
Todays forecast is 33. No complaints though. Tomorrow we leave for Dillon, Montana and then to Provo, Utah. Following that we're at Bryce Canyon x 3 nights. It will be a dramatic change from where I sit now (lakeside again) but that's okay. I think this is the only lake we'll camp at on this adventure - it's among my favorites.
The 4th was fun. We did the parade in Clark Fork - where else do you watch grown men shooting rifles into the air while following the Sherriff's vehicle? The girls each had a dog to walk in the dog show at the campground. The competition was stiff - 3 labs took top 3 positions! We then participated in the Island View Olympics - I have new ideas for our Johnston Family reunions... the campground puts on a potluck in the evening and the food pickin's are excellent. Scott set off fireworks on the dock that night with Steve, the owner of the campground. We then headed toward Hope where we watched an amazing phyrotechnics show.
We took it easy on the 5th but yesterday we did Silverwood. A great time was had by all at this 1/2 waterpark and 1/2 amusement park. While we were walking/swimming the lazy river - typically done on a tube - Kaitlyn had dove under a waterfall and ended up pinned under a double tube. I saw her right away and the tube got off while I picked her up. It all happened in only a few seconds but it scared her all the same.
This morning the girls have already been out on a tube pulled by Craig's inflatable boat. Craig had a turn getting pulled too.
We're having techical difficulties in uploading photos but I remain optimistic.
Ciao for now.

No comments: