Monday, July 16, 2012

Minnesota

It's so nice to get up this morning and not to have to close up the trailer for yet another day of driving.  We get to spend another night here in Minnesota and today we're checking out the Mall of America.  I didn't know this thing existed but many people I've spoken to have been here and think it's amazing.  It's the largest mall/amusement park in the USA - wonder how it compares to West Edmonton Mall.  Course, this one is 4 floors high but doesn't have a skating rink or mini golf - go Canada!  :)

I was up at 8 this morning and checked the temp before heading out for a run.  27 degrees - at 8AM!  Yowza, heading for 37 today. 

Katie found a tick in her hair yesterday; still very much on the move but clinging to a strand of hair.  I have to admit though it's been so long since I've seen one (ummm, maybe never?) that I thought it was a spider.  I remember thinking they were hard bodied dark grey or brown things that you can't squish.  This guy was brown with some markings up his middle.  I googled it and sure enough - a deer tick is what the officials call it - we just call it ICK. 

In the previous blog I mentioned we'd had a tire blow out.  I'd love to get a picture here for you to see just how bad it was but my iphone is having technical difficulties in sending the picture to my email so I can post it.  I'll try again later.

Enjoy the day!

No comments: