Friday, July 20, 2012

Illinois

I'm so sorry that I've not been able to post sooner.  We've not had wifi since Minnesota (been in Wisconsin Dells x 2 nights until yesterday and now are in Illinois). 

So I told you we were going to check out Mall of America and we did.  We didn't see it all and didn't even do the amusement park area but I think West Edmonton Mall may have been better.  Course, WEM doesn't have Macy's.  Scott and I witnessed their Loss Prevention Officers 'take down' (okay, gently re-direct,) someone who'd already made it out of the store.  Well done!  Our campground there was nice, we enjoyed the pool and I had a great run one morning with Katie biking alongside me.

Wisconsin Dells - heat continues but we're loving it and limiting our exposure.  We did however spend an hour in the blazing sun on the North Wisconsin River (looks like a lake) as we'd rented a couple sea doos.  That was GREAT fun. 

The drive yesterday to Illinois was good - only 3 hours or so.  Most of our driving days have been like that but there are some longer ones coming.  I find myself killing time checking out my surroundings and specifically the crops.  I hadn't seen soy bean plants before so that was a new one for me.  Corn seems to be their main crop.

Today we enjoyed Six Flags.  It's an amusement park / water park with a side of Looney Toons, as in Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird, Yosemite Sam and a few of another variety: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Scooby Doo etc., oh, and 14 roller coasters!  We've not firmed down plans for tomorrow yet but maybe we'll head to Chicago.  Because we've not had wifi we've not been able to search out cool places to go/see/do.  Perhaps we'll have a chance to do that in the morning.  It's about 10pm here and the mosquito's are feeding on my tanned flesh so it's time to sign off.  Hope you are all well!

No comments: