Saturday, March 17, 2007

We recovered from our last snow fall. When all was said and done there was about 2" piled lightly but I don't know what exactly the weather dudes would say we had. Today it's beautiful with a current temp of 17, yes that's on the plus side. I just checked my flower beds for signs of life and with exception to buds on the trees/shrubs and some quack grass; nothing. The girls and I started some seeds indoors about 4 days ago and already the zinnia's (well, 1) is up.

We took the girls rollerskating (indoor) on Thursday night and had a really good time. I was impressed with them because there was no complaining or 'giving up'. Emily wants to hold her birthday party at the rink. I can't believe she'll be 7! Kaitlyn will be 5 next month and time is going way too quick for my liking but I'm thankful that she's still a snuggler.

I was all set to have some excitement tomorrow by trying something some may think is over the top. At our lake (1.5blks from our house) there will be a polar bear plunge tomorrow and I was going to join in. Scott was too afraid to do it. I went to the lake today to get the details and the event isn't open to us though we can watch. Instead there will be members of the Calgary Stampeders, celebrities etc and it's a fundraiser for the Y. I'm bummed because I haven't done anything recently that some would consider a challenge and I really want to! Oh well. Scott offered to throw me in - he's coming with me if I go in, he just doesn't know that yet. :)

No comments: