Sunday, May 4, 2014

Do you want to build a snowman... in MAY???

On Friday night we tucked ourselves in knowing about the forecasted 5-10mm.  What greeted us in the morning was that... any many more.  Apparently we had about 25cm instead.  I actually caught myself, after the grunt, saying that it looked pretty.  The budding branches on the trees were weighed down, some of them touching the ground, creating little arches from which to view the plants growing.

I woke Emily up with a song from Frozen.  You guessed it:  Do you want to build a snowman?   And we did. 

 

I caught a glimpse of something yellow perched atop some greenery from the kitchen window.  That caused me to grab a camera and head out for a closer look.  The pictures below show the third and fourth variety of plants to be blooming (or, almost blooming) in our backyard.  I suspect we'll see blooming tulips later this week. 



 
With our snow melting (for the twenty seven billionth time this year) I noticed a previously perky happy fellow looking a little glum.  I have to admit, I was a little sad looking at him.  I felt a little like Frosty's friends, trying to think where I could move him so he didn't die. 
 
 

No comments: