Sunday, December 26, 2010

Summer photos 2010

We saw so much beauty this summer I just have to share some nature pictures with you. We spent close to a week at Dutch Lake (in Clearwater, BC) and Wells Gray Provincial Park. The park is known for its magnificient waterfalls and we visited 5 of them - Moul Falls we did twice (those are the falls that us girls walked behind).





We were driving to a look out area and I had closed my eyes in weariness. When I opened them I spotted this black bear about 10' off the road. I ensured everyone in the truck knew ("BEAR, BEAR, BEAR!")... Scott stopped the truck, we put our windows down (Emily got a good hold on Roxy) and Mel and I snapped a bunch of pictures. The bear couldn't care less that we were so close.
The stairs were to help us get to the bottom of Moul Falls. So pretty amongst the greens, don't you think?
To the left you'll see Moul Falls. This is the set (why do they call them a 'set' of falls when there's only one?!) that we walked behind - some of us with our shoes on hey Mel?


And finally, Spahats Falls. The erosion is quite something to note in all of these pictures - whether it be at the top and bottom of the falls or just the bottom, there's some amazing power here. We also visited Helmcken Falls and do have the pictures to prove it. The editing ability of this blog is not allowing me to change settings and therefore I'm leaving that photo out.

On the left you'll see Dawson Falls & the Mush Bowl is on the right below.







Here are the lilies of Dutch Lake. What I've not included are the pictures of the Painted Turtles which live in this lake. If you gently moved your hand in the water (from the dock) the turtles would think it was lunchtime and would surface to have a better look. What a treat!


Hope you enjoyed the photos!

































No comments: